October 01, 2005

My Numa Numa Thoughts

The week came by so fast! Not that I had so many things to do but even for me, who have all the time in the world to spare...time flies fast! The whole week I had U2's "Stuck in A Moment" song in my head. I think it perfectly blends with the cloudy skies, the drizzle and the cool temperature over here. What is it with music and the weather anyway?

When you are in the beach, in my opinion, the best thing to play is Reggae. Something to the tune of Bob Marley and the Wailers or any Jamaican inspired music. When you are in the mall, it's all about standard pop music. Not so upbeat but just light music to provide as background I guess while shopping. Even an elevator has its own type of music. Elevator musics are normally the piano enhanced or some symphony in G, A or B minor or what have you's . Elevator music also translates to instrumental sounds. Why is this so? Is this purposely done to prevent people from singing along when inside the elevator?

Summer brings all kinds of music to my ears. I literally mean music genres like Rhythm and Blues or RnB, Hiphop, Dance ( ahhh all the Macarena, Spaghetti Songs, La Chupeta and the likes). There is this one particular summer dance song though that became my winter song. Everytime I hear it, I just can't help but smile and remember good winter memories watching Jean-Luc Reichmann of Attention à La Marche , Arthur of A Prendre Ou a Laisser on TF1 with family last year. Want to know the song? heck, it's not even in English, Tagalog or French. It's Romanian.

Click here and enjoy!

Have a great weekend!


P.S.

I recently shared my thoughts and fears on hamams, cutters,credit cards and churches in the Pinoyatbp website. Feel free to visit and read on!

Posted by duke at 10/01/2005 10:01:00 AM



8 Comments:

Blogger Analyse said...

heya there duke..love that stuck in the momment by U2 too...my fave place to enhance my singing career is inside my car, so imagine when im with frenchguy hehe..now, i cant wait to have a duo with my bébé hehe...

10/01/2005 12:15:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Numa Numa is somewhat a dilly-dollying thoughts huh? I'm a sucker at singing. But I'm a true follower of the R&B's & "hitting-the-high-notes" kind of music - ballads and OPM are the ones that makes you remember the old times.

I've done most of my singing career in the singing chatrooms and became one of the wannabes.

And OMG, La Chupeta? hahaha. I remember I was so drunk that time in Bicol when my friends were pushing me to the dancefloor.

10/01/2005 07:17:00 PM  

Blogger duke said...

hello ana!!

It's nice to sing that song kaso sometimes may LSS ( Last Song Syndrome)ako. I can't stop singing a praticular song for some weird reasong ;)
hahahahah! in the car you sing?how cute! :)

10/02/2005 11:09:00 AM  

Blogger duke said...

hello knoizki!

well Numa numa actually is part of the lyrics of this Drasgostea Din tea by this Romanian Pop Group called O-Zone. For me numa numa is a happy thought!

Really? there are singing chatrooms? How do you sing over there? how Interesting!

hehehehe La Chupeta was sang for the Nth time by this Brazilian(?!not sure though)group called Trio.my gosh! did you dance to this song then? lol

10/02/2005 11:16:00 AM  

Blogger tet said...

heh... that's a nice one!

btw, thanks for visiting my blog!

10/02/2005 01:18:00 PM  

Blogger Owen said...

sobrang nag-enjoy ako dun!

btw, i like that U2's song too! it's always apt to the circumstances im putting myself into.

10/02/2005 04:57:00 PM  

Blogger RAV Jr said...

HI Duke! nice one hahahha...where did you get that video strip? nakakawala ng stress...hahaha...

tyy...

10/03/2005 10:58:00 AM  

Blogger duke said...

penovate, owenfv, dops -

Shall we all do teh numa numa dance? lol :)

10/03/2005 01:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Istanbul, Türkiye

A first time mom to baby A living as an expat in Istanbul, Turkey.

My Indulgence

Recent Thoughts

My Daily Reads



Links and Infos

Counter
Web Site Counter



|