September 07, 2005

Shit Happens

Yesterday afternoon, I was full of joy knowing that it's my husband's birthday. Now, I'm the total opposite. Eager beaver that I am, I was patiently waiting for X, my husband, to come home from work so that we could have at least a nice dinner together on his birthday. Since there was a big party at work for the General Manager by the pool, he could not leave early and said he'd be home around 10pm or maybe 11pm. That was fine with me and I figured I will just put on a couple of DVDs and kill time by watching the whole Season ender of Sex and the City. At around six o'clock, X came home to change his contacts and I reminded him to bring our camera to take pictures of his dessert buffet since he made an "under the sea/coral" theme. You see, X always forgets to take pictures of his work and yesterday since I reminded him to bring the camera, for the first time, he was able to take pictures of his buffet.

Then the evening came. I was in the company of four Manhattan girls who had a fabulous friendship and had to deal with the changes with their respective lives when I got a phone call from X. It was already 930pm and he said the function is very busy and his boss asked him to have a beer or two after work just to unwind and celebrate his birthday. I urged him to go since they will just be inside the hotel and his boss is one door away from our flat anyway but he insisted on not going and said he wanted to spend time with me even on the fewremaining hours of his birthday. The conversation went on and we decided that he was going to call before he comes home so I would have time to cook or prepare something no matter how late it was. With that, I went back to watching Carrie being swept away with Romance from her Russian lover that she decided to go with him to Paris.

At 1:30 am the doorbell rings. I opened the door and see X in front of me soaking wet from head to toe. I was in shock. He said, his staff threw him in the pool after the party because it was his birthday. I kissed him and realized he had drunk beer already. In my mind,I was seeing the red light alarm going off with big flashing letters TIPSY in front of me. I told him to change and asked him again what happened. Then he repeated what he said. He was thrown in the pool by the waiters and all his staff after the party. Plain and simple. I asked him if he was ok and he said he was. Then I asked him what happened to his mobile. He said his boss conveniently borrowed his mobile just before he got thrown in the pool. Then I asked about the camera. Of course it was in his pocket and swam with him in the pool. I checked the cam and it wasn't working anymore. Then I saw his mobile in separate pieces. He said when he came up from being thrown he decided to push his boss in the pool after. And so there goes his mobile in the pool as well (unconfirmed info) .

I could not help but get confused. I did not know how to react but then I realized my husband is not a teenager anymore and this kind of stuff normally happens to boys not men and heck! it was MY camera, a birthday gift from him from last year! Just because they decided to be kids things turned out to like this.

So what happend last night? Three things.
1. I spent the night alone eating chips and watching SATC during my husband's birthday.
2. My camera is now officially dead.
3. My husband is pissed off with my overall reaction on the whole thing and the remaining days of the week will be spent in cold silence.

Shit happens...


Posted by duke at 9/07/2005 09:12:00 AM



25 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sis, sana maayos na yan. pwede pa naman palitan yan ng panibagong cam. i know regalo yan ni hubby mo sa'yo. basta ang importante ok si hubby mo at walang sakit pagkatapos syang ihulog sa pool. smile na sis!

9/07/2005 10:36:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wouldn't really care if people chuck people into swimming pools, as long as my stuff doesnt get wet! oh well - im sure this will blow over, but remind him that he has to get you a new camera! (get the latest model in revenge! heheeh)
-kala

9/07/2005 12:08:00 PM  

Blogger Elaine said...

Dukie!

Okay lang yan. At least X didn't get hurt in the process. Some people bump their heads in the pool tiles or drown (if they don't know how to swim!). Pagbigyan mo na, birthday naman nya eh. It only happens once a year. Isipin mo na lang yung itsura ni X habang binubuhat sya ng mga colleagues nya para matapon sa pool! Eh he looks like a big guy pa naman! That alone should make you smile!

And, like what kala said, you now have a valid excuse to have him buy you a new camera, and the latest version at that! Might I suggest the Sony T7? Lol!

Smile! Hope you guys kiss and make-up soon!

9/07/2005 12:45:00 PM  

Blogger duke said...

jaleesa- I'm easy to cool down naman.. he just gave me flowers today and said sorry ( smiling) bati na kami :)

kala- EXACTLY MY POINT! he can be thrown over and over as long as none of MY stuff get wet! nag-iisip nga ako ng bagong model ---> tagalog muna baka binabasa nya tong post ;)

elaine- i forgot to tell you that during our wedding each and every guest were thrown in the pool except for our parents and one pregnanat guest. My maid of honor almost broke her toe adn had to take antibiotics plus one of the groomsmen had bruises all over his body because of the "throwing". We both know the hazards of it pero sige pa din ang lolo! hay naku talaga!

as I mentioned he made up for it naman except for the camera part which he SHOULD talaga!

9/07/2005 12:57:00 PM  

Blogger JO said...

oh wow! all the guests in the pool on your wedding day? is that the tradition? how did it happen? did you end up in the pool too in your wedding gown?

sorry to ask too many questions. just curious, this is the first time i've heard of this.

9/07/2005 03:28:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh dear, dear... agree, shit happens indeed. just let him buy you a new toy/camera.

9/07/2005 04:24:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ay oo nga ... buti naman at bati na kayo uli, ganyan lang talaga ang mag-asawa or in my case, my ka live in, may mga unexplained events that we just have to ticked as "passed"...manood ka lang palagi ng sex in the city o di kaya ay x files... i love all the girls' character, bading na bading ang dating, o dieva....

9/07/2005 04:57:00 PM  

Blogger duke said...

jo- yes it is.. we only had 27 guests in the wedding including us (me and hubby). It was a pool side event and at the end of the party everyone ended up being thrown in the pool.
We really lived up to the drink and be merry part even if it is not a tradition...

Here's a link of the pictures.
http://community.webshots.com/user/xavnduke

http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&collid=509979225105&page=1&sort_order=0

9/07/2005 06:02:00 PM  

Blogger duke said...

isay- i was thinking of the dior stuff.. maybe I'll let him buy me one.. pang blackmail! bwahahahaha!

9/07/2005 06:03:00 PM  

Blogger duke said...

jhaya- ay sobrang love ko sex and the city! buti na lang nanonood ako that time.
so true! laging may ganitong part sa mag asawa and I love the kiss and make up part! :)

9/07/2005 06:05:00 PM  

Blogger Abaniko said...

that reminds me NEVER to celebrate my birthday beside a pool. hehe. sorry to hear about your cam and your hubby's mobile. belated happy birthday to him.

9/07/2005 07:15:00 PM  

Blogger duke said...

abaniko - or celebrate any occasion beside a pool for that matter.now my husband is using a jurassic mobile he can't even figure out how to send sms!

9/07/2005 07:36:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dukezki all I can do is LAUGH here. Sad to say but I enjoyed this story. It turned out that his bday would now be the most UNFORGETTABLE BDAYS - EVER!

I can see the WAR of the Roses or the Mr & Mrs Smith on DVD like this one.

But hey, u can ask another gift the more expensive one so he'll get scared to swim with em in the pool.

I'm still laughing here hahahaha! Sowee.

9/07/2005 11:11:00 PM  

Blogger JO said...

hi duke,

saw your weddings pics... you're so pretty, siyempre pogi din si mister... ang ganda nung place, i like the long table, very intimate talaga... and i love your cake too!

thanks for sharing.

9/07/2005 11:43:00 PM  

Blogger Nick Ballesteros said...

Oh, that also happened to a colleague in our team-building session. He got thrown into the pool by our boss, clothes and all. So he decided to swim around. And then he shouted out loud when he realized the alarm to his car and his mobile phone were in his pockets. Guess you never know what will happen when people drink and become boisterous.

Thanks for dropping by my blog!

9/08/2005 03:59:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would react the same way you did. hehehe.... the brighter side of it is that you can get a new one.

9/08/2005 04:46:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Duke. Nice to know na everything is ok na between you and X :D

Btw, I changed my home. Kindly update your list :D

9/08/2005 06:41:00 AM  

Blogger duke said...

knoizki- you naughty you! laughing at our fight! hahahahah at least we dont have a chandelier and a mansion like in war of the roses (lol)

I'm thinking of what to ask.. hmmmnnnn...

9/08/2005 11:22:00 AM  

Blogger duke said...

Hello Jo!

did you see us all soaking wet in the pool? so much for his barong, my wedding dress and the rest of the guests' outfit ;)

thanks for passing by the site.
Cheers!

9/08/2005 11:23:00 AM  

Blogger duke said...

hey watson!

the staff party of my former work was always in a beach and they do the same thing. it's actually fun until you realize you have valuables with you that will be destroyed! then comes the sad part...

hello evi- I expected an apology from him for not thinking about his stuff and he said sorry naman so I'm now calmer just thinking of what to replace the camera with ;)

jeanny! thanks.. sige 'will update my link.

neko - you're such an angel :) thanks for the kind words!

9/08/2005 11:29:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Happy Birthday to Mister - happy new camera to you!

9/08/2005 06:54:00 PM  

Blogger Analyse said...

er, happy bday kay hubby..and yes, buy the latest one in revenge hehe..boys just wanna have fun!

9/08/2005 11:29:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope everything is fine now.

I was watching the news about New Orleans the other day and one sentence said by a survivor struck me. He said it was okay as long as all that he lost was replaceable by money.

He is right because nothing can ever replace a loved one. Be happy that he is safe and that even though you did not celebrate it with him, at least he got to celebrate it.

Patrice

9/09/2005 07:12:00 PM  

Blogger duke said...

mare- thank you!

ana- hay boys talaga... will always be boys! ;)

patrice- i guess it was an initial reaction from. shempre naman hinintay ko sha only to get a soaking wet husband in my front door.. may bonus pa na sirang camera!
well looking.. we just both laugh about it :)

9/10/2005 11:37:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sabagay, ako din magtatampo. Hehe. Happy to know bati na kayo. Uyy!!!

9/10/2005 02:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Istanbul, Türkiye

A first time mom to baby A living as an expat in Istanbul, Turkey.

My Indulgence

Recent Thoughts

My Daily Reads



Links and Infos

Counter
Web Site Counter



|