August 28, 2005

Allow me to be a Stage Wife...

Yes.. Please allow me to be a stage wife in this post of mine. I have always been proud of my husband and his work that sometimes I really feel like a stage wife! This week my husband was featured in two food magazines over here in Istanbul and one daily newspaper. Of course the article was all in Turkish but I was just happy to see my husband's picture on the article and his desserts... He has always been camera shy and to see his picture in a magazine with a four page article and half a page in a newspaper makes me really proud of him.

I tried to find the web address of the said mag but I just couldn't find it so I took my reliable cam and took a picture of the articles ---> that is the stage wife in me working! Goes to show how proud I am of my chef.

So you would ask, who cooks at home if he is the chef? Of course I do the cooking now! Before I was scared to cook for him thinking he might criticize the food but I learned a little secret. I just need to kick him out of the kitchen when I cook so I won't hear any side comment or "helpful" tips from him. Lastly, I never do desserts. I always live this up to him. This is his specialty anyway.

Since I was a good stage wife, I got a creme caramel ( leche flan in Pinoy terms) and some chocolate truffles filled with lemon, banana, and raspberries ( no picture coz I ate them all!I am a petit kochon!).

Fruit Sushi
Chocolate Bownie

Posted by duke at 8/28/2005 08:18:00 PM



20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are lucky indeed for choosing a chef for a husband! Good you can maintain being slim coz if I married a chef, I'm bloated by now.

8/29/2005 12:38:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GO Duke! Dint u know that CHEF's can't taste their own food? I beleive that cooking for someone special makes the food special and PALATABLE.

I feel the love here.

I want some Ice cream.

8/29/2005 12:49:00 AM  

Blogger RAV Jr said...

ang saraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap!

pahinge...hehehhe

kumusta jan? ;)

8/29/2005 01:25:00 AM  

Blogger dreaming-neko said...

lucky you! :)
so what do YOU cook him?

8/29/2005 05:32:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yuuuuuum, we all need a man like that!

8/29/2005 10:07:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yummylicious!!!
i want some now *hehehe*

8/29/2005 01:46:00 PM  

Blogger asphaire 許泰莎 said...

hahaha.. the proud stage wife! i know what u mean. alam ba nya na alam na ng buong mundo (yes, even the non-Turks) that he's in the Turkish news?! hehe

Dukeeee!!!!!

8/29/2005 01:58:00 PM  

Blogger Analyse said...

wow, félicitation! so, ilang copies ng newspaper ang binili mo? di mo ba nakalimutang padalhan si ano at si ano? o, kelangan naka frame yan ha...or better yet, scan the whole of it, and save it in your document file, sa hard disk, sa CD, etc, para siguradong di mawawala...aba, pangatawanan ang pagiging stage wife no hehe..

really happy for you dear...sana one day makatikim ako ng luto ni...chef? o sige na nga, pati luto mo na rin hehe...bises!

8/29/2005 06:39:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow!

desserts are always heavenly. more so, if they are done by professionals. I'd definitely double my weight every single year if my husband could cook like yours!

8/29/2005 11:32:00 PM  

Blogger Dr. Emer said...

Kudos to your hubby!

Kudos to you and your creations, too! Sooo yummy! As you said, you are the master Chef in your home. :)

8/30/2005 04:44:00 AM  

Blogger grace said...

very nice! so i guess X has now been launched to the Turkish media frenzy! hehehehehe ... please send our regards to him ... mwah!

8/30/2005 07:13:00 AM  

Blogger Lei_SATG said...

wow.

8/30/2005 04:23:00 PM  

Blogger tintin said...

You have a gifted husband indeed. Fruit sushi! Yum!

8/31/2005 08:35:00 AM  

Blogger duke said...

hey guys!

thanks for all the comments! I am just such at stage wife at this moment..

Ana- tama ka pangangatawanan ko ang pagiging stage wife! LOL!

8/31/2005 05:26:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

duke, ok, really, inggit ako sa yo. you have every right to be a stage wife. in fact, I encourage it! congrats to your hubby! wow sikat!
so if i come over to turkey, i'll drop by for dinner. er, right?
-kala

9/01/2005 09:45:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't blame you for being a stage wife. I would be to given the same situation and having a husband like yours!

Very intimidating nga lang. I had chef and waiter friends before. When I tried cooking in the kitchen, prito lang ng itlog pinupuna pa. Dyosmeh!!! Funny how you found a solution to this.

9/01/2005 03:35:00 PM  

Blogger duke said...

patrice- totoo yan lahat pinupuna! oati yung gagamitin ko na pans tatanungin! at first I was so scared to cook and then I just asked him to leave alone in the kitchen :)

9/01/2005 05:09:00 PM  

Blogger undiscussablerealms said...

wow!! i'm drooling here. maybe i should make a detour and visit you in next vacation. :)

9/02/2005 09:07:00 AM  

Blogger undiscussablerealms said...

in my next vacation.(correction)

you are lucky to have each other. he's a great cook and you're a devoted wife.

9/02/2005 09:10:00 AM  

Blogger duke said...

undiscussablerealms- come over here.. you ar most welcome! :)

9/02/2005 01:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Istanbul, Türkiye

A first time mom to baby A living as an expat in Istanbul, Turkey.

My Indulgence

Recent Thoughts

My Daily Reads



Links and Infos

Counter
Web Site Counter



|