September 10, 2005

Children of Beslan

I woke up today, turned on the television and found myself watching a BBC documentary about the Beslan School Hostage/Bombing last Sept 2004.It was actually filmed for HBO and was aptly titled Children of Beslan (or click this for a synopsis). They were interviewing some of the children who survived the three day hell. Chechenya claimed responsibility for this attack and it was one of the biggest and horrible news I have heard.This documentary was really really chilling and sad. Grief, agony, pain, suffering , joy, and even harry potter prove to be universal in this film.

I'm still recovering from watching the show. If you do have the opportunity, please watch it.

Posted by duke at 9/10/2005 11:17:00 AM



6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I was watching the Sept. 11 attacks again the other day because it was the Anniversary (maybe I should say Death Anniversary) of the tragedy.

I still get goosebumps watching it because there is a possibility that it can happen again.

such a tragedy is always lamentable.

Patrice

9/10/2005 02:09:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sound astonishing. Unfortunately, I can't watch this on HBO. I have no HBO network in my apartment.

In memoriam: never forget to light candles tomorrow & a moment of silence to honor the memory of each individual who were killed & family members during the tragedy.

Time has passed but the memories do not fade.

9/10/2005 07:10:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting one. I'm glad that there are still people who are mindful of such events. Their cries of help are spread throught the world.

9/11/2005 07:05:00 AM  

Blogger Analyse said...

it was horrible, yes, saw the images last year..and i dont think i'll watch it again now. there's just too much natural calamities already and deaths due to accidents (plane crashes etc)..hope human-caused tragedies will calm down now..

9/11/2005 07:44:00 PM  

Blogger duke said...

patrice- ahh if why don't we just live together in peace and harmony? (sigh)

Knoizki- You could read the synopsis though. news about people killing each other is just such a saaaddddd bout.

Ayie- I cannot agree more...

Ana- when I saw the news last year I was shocked. Of all places, they chose to take hostage a middle school with 1000 people inside (including parents who were attending a school program). We can only hope and pray that all these human induced killings will be put to an end ( wish ko lang!).

9/11/2005 08:29:00 PM  

Blogger duke said...

nao- yun din iniisip ko while watching the show. nakakalungkot isipin!!

9/11/2005 08:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Istanbul, Türkiye

A first time mom to baby A living as an expat in Istanbul, Turkey.

My Indulgence

Recent Thoughts

My Daily Reads



Links and Infos

Counter
Web Site Counter



|