June 15, 2005

Chismis

Hay.. everywhere you go, there will always be a juicy chismis around the corner. I guess regardless of nationality, people love rumors or "chismis" as we Pinoys fondly call it. While I was having lunch today, my husband passed by and told me that a friend of a friend of mine from my old work who is now working in a different hotel in a different country (whew.. talk about loooong connections) emailed his boss and told him that I was very scared to live in Istanbul. This caused a tinge of panic from my husband asking me if I do not like Istanbul and my stay here. This was a surprise for me since I was feeling quite comfortable living in Istanbul a the moment. In fact, I am beginning to love the place, the people,food, and everything about it. I have never encountered such warm people who really make you feel welcome and are sincerely nice. I assured my husband that I was adapting quite well to the environment and not to worry about that email his boss received.

I then wondered how news really travel and can be distorted after passing from one person to another. I was quite annoyed with the fact that I do not even know this person who sent an email to my husband's boss.Why would he/she care about my life and feelings anyway?Some people just have fun taking interests in other people's lives.I would understand if they take interest in the lives of celebrities or famous people but not mine! I am just a normal wife who tries to make the most of my life in the country where I get to live in. Just like other people, my feelings go from one end to the other and I find solace in blogging and sharing thoughts that matter to me. Of course I felt scared moving into a different country but I think that is quite normal for anyone who will live in a place for the first time. I do not think it is "chismis" worthy to people whom I do not even know first hand. Some people still need to discover how to get a life instead of talking about someone else!

Posted by duke at 6/15/2005 03:15:00 PM



4 Comments:

Blogger Analyse said...

hehe, sikat ka na, natabi ka lang kay ruffa nyan. kidding aside, napakapakialamera naman nyan, doesn't he/she have a life?

off topic, i classified your link in asia but now that you're in turkey, im hesitating if i have to transfer you to europe ??? :), unahan ko na kaya ang EU?

6/15/2005 09:07:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

favorite pass time...chismis. as a friend once said...and i adhere to this belief, "an empty mind is the devil's playground". wala lang magawa yan, tsk. as long as you are happy that is all that matters. they will discover the truth to the matter soon enough.

6/16/2005 12:13:00 AM  

Blogger duke said...

analyse...

oo nga! wala pa akong one week dito nachi-chismis na ako! kakainis talaga.

here in istanbul nasa european side ako pero once you cross the bosphorus nasa asian side na.kakaiba no? sa EU after 10 yers pa siguro magiging Europe and turkey!upto you my dear..

patrice...
salamat sa comment.. sana lang talaga may mas magawa pa yung taong yun kung sino man sha imbes na i-chismis ako!

6/17/2005 01:27:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ay naku... human nature talaga!

6/17/2005 05:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Istanbul, Türkiye

A first time mom to baby A living as an expat in Istanbul, Turkey.

My Indulgence

Recent Thoughts

My Daily Reads



Links and Infos

Counter
Web Site Counter



|