June 13, 2005

After the long flight...

Finally I am here in Istanbul! I arrived last Saturday evening just in time for my first year wedding anniversary :) My husband picked me up at the airport and we had dinner at this really nice restaurant called SUNSET which was overlooking the whole of Istanbul. To all my blog friends who posted comments on my last blog.. THANK YOU! I eventually looked forward to going to Istanbul instead of feeling "Senti" and true enough I was much happier coming over to this beautiful country.
I still have tons of stories to tell. From my 10-hour stopover in Dubai to the discovery of all these palaces and mosques here in Istanbul (not to mention the yummy food!) but unfortunately I still do not have a pc over here. All our stuff is in transit still ( sigh!). So for now, I will be frequenting my trips to the business center in our flat and blog as much as I can with this little time.
I still haven't Ruffa in my 2 days stay here ( hihi...). I still am trying to find my way around the place.So far, I discovered that this country indeed has a lot to offer especially in terms of culture and traditions. Even if it is a Muslim country, the people are quite open to other religions and nationals staying here. That's all for now, folks. I am still in a break in period. More to come...

Posted by duke at 6/13/2005 10:46:00 AM



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am happy to know that you made it safe and sound and finally reunited with your hubby. I am looking forward to more posts about your experiences there in your host country.

6/13/2005 09:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Istanbul, Türkiye

A first time mom to baby A living as an expat in Istanbul, Turkey.

My Indulgence

Recent Thoughts

My Daily Reads



Links and Infos

Counter
Web Site Counter



|