June 08, 2005

Senti


I will be leaving Manila in two days time. I suddenly feel nostalgic and sentimental. Amidst the last minute shopping and errands to do, I realized that I won’t be seeing my parents indefinitely. Unlike our last post in Hong Kong which was in the same time zone as Manila and only a one-hour plane ride, Turkey is a 13-hour plane ride with a 5-hour difference in time zone. I remember what my dad told me when I arrived here in the Philippines a couple of months ago. He said he is so happy to see me and he thought the last time he brought me to NAIA was the last time we will see each other. I said it is such a silly thought because I still go back to Manila to visit them every now and then but deep inside I felt scared. I dread that thought. I am scared to lose my parents. Maybe I am just becoming paranoid but I do not want this to be the last time I see them when I leave Manila. I still am looking forward to seeing them when I go back in time.

I am also a little anxious and nervous to go to Istanbul. Aside from my husband, I literally do not know anyone over there. As always, I need to start from scratch again. I will try to find my way first, as a tourist and then as a resident. This can be exciting as well since it is a process of learning, discovering and meeting new culture, places, and people. So, I will be leaving the jeepney, bus, and tricycle congested roads of Manila and my dear family and friends over here once again and feel my way to Turkey.

I have not left the Philippines yet but I am already missing so many things just thinking about it! From all the food and rice galore, to the videoke gimmicks, the out of town trips, the endless SMBs with friends to my mom’s great cooking, my bed in my room and all the books scattered around it. These are some of the things I will definitely miss but most of all, I will miss the feeling of being a daughter to my parents as I go and join my husband again.

Here is to a new adventure for my loving husband and me. Wish us luck!!

Posted by duke at 6/08/2005 05:56:00 AM



8 Comments:

Blogger Punzi said...

Good luck!

Para pala kanyong sina Ruffa at Ilmas... joke!

Inaaliw lang kita baka bigla ka ngang mag-senti ng husto dyan...

6/08/2005 10:07:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how you must feel because I have the same circumstances as you do but like all Filipinos, you are strong and I know you will find a way to make the best of your situation.
BTW, say hi to Ruffa! Hehe!

6/08/2005 12:40:00 PM  

Blogger Analyse said...

goodluck...hey, parang di ka na babalik ng pinas sa blog mong to a. your feelings are just normal, so isipin mo na lang, if others can, why cant i? medyo gasgas na yang litanyang yan but it still works, cheer up :)

6/08/2005 08:00:00 PM  

Blogger duke said...

hi punzi, patrice, and analyse...

salamat ng marami sa inyong support. na senti lang talaga ako ng sobra...heads up pa din ako promise! :) pag nakita ko si ruffa chicka ko sa blog ko .. lol!

6/09/2005 01:15:00 PM  

Blogger Airwind said...

luck po!! tuloy pa rin po ang blog ahh.. lalo na ngaun medyo new path ang tatahakin nyo... :) enjoy

6/09/2005 03:55:00 PM  

Blogger Teacher Sol said...

Arrgghh...I hate goodbyes too...napaka-dramatic, reminds me all the goodbye before I left Pinas to come here to the US.

But you say "hello" after "goodbye", right? Be optimistic, things will turn out better for you out there...

6/09/2005 05:35:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are entitled to feel senti because you don't know when you will be back. me? can't go back until after 3 years (or until I get my green card). my bestfriend (in the UK) has a very good turkish friend. go out and meet people. they may be muslim but hey, religion does not matter in friendship. cheer up! :)

6/10/2005 05:55:00 PM  

Blogger marikit said...

all the best on your move to turkey. here's to new friends and new discoveries for you and your hubby!

6/13/2005 09:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Istanbul, Türkiye

A first time mom to baby A living as an expat in Istanbul, Turkey.

My Indulgence

Recent Thoughts

My Daily Reads



Links and Infos

Counter
Web Site Counter



|