June 03, 2005

POSTSECRETS

Do you believe that everyone has a skeleton in their closet?

I was always fascinated and interested in how people keep their secrets or their friend's. From the time I was asked to pinkie swear over a secret crush by a girl friend I realized that secrets are important and deadly. It can make a person powerful and powerless depending on who holds the right secret at the right time. There are also some secrets that are meant to be locked up unless one wants to open a Pandora's Box. I guess that is why "I Know what You Did last Summer." is a scary a line. A secret can also make or break a relationship. Friendships are broken because of revealed secrets . Marriages crumbling because of a secret in the past that surfaced in the present.

I have experienced being fooled by someone, learning his secret at the wrong place and wrong time from a different person. My feelings during those times were a mixture of anger, frustration and despair plus a little bit of stupidity for not knowing how a secret so obvious could pass under my nose( --> kaya nga secret eh!). I felt weak and betrayed but in the end, I realized I had all the power and control over my friend since now I know his secret. Being a friend to him, I decided to keep my mouth shut and just bury his secret with in me. I then realized how bad he probably felt for trusting the friend who told me his secret. It was like a stab in the back.

Secrets have been a part of our lives whether you we like it or not. The question is how trusting will you be to share your deepest darkest secret to someone or even the world. I have come across this Postsecret blog and it gave me mixed feelings reading somebody else's secret. Will I be able to do what they did?

For some people , trusting someone with their secret is already a leap of faith. For me, I can probably share a bone from my closet but not the whole skeleton (with an evil laugh.. bwahahahaha).

Posted by duke at 6/03/2005 08:49:00 PM



9 Comments:

Blogger Ronald Allan said...

We all have our dark sides, none of us are perfect. Learning who to trust with our secrets is something we only get through trial and error, and may have to lose some friends along the way.

Additionally, sometimes there's the moral conflict which arises. What if the secret you know is something evil or bad that you have to do something about it, yet you can't because you have been entrusted with it?

Happened to me a number of times. I still kept the secret though.

Nobody likes a squealer.

We live and learn.

6/04/2005 12:51:00 PM  

Blogger duke said...

very well said.. I agree!

6/04/2005 02:23:00 PM  

Blogger Airwind said...

basta ako ... mapagsasabihin ako ng sikreto.. kasi gusto ko yung feeling na may nagtitiwala sa iyo.. ewan ko ba!

6/04/2005 02:41:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Duke :)
I've been to that blog, very powerful site. My heart hurts when I read some of the secrets posted there. Some are heartbreaking, some are funny and some are just breathtakingly brave.
Incidentally, I've always been the secret-keeper among my friends. I don't know why everyone always feels the need to unload lol when they speak with me.

6/04/2005 05:11:00 PM  

Blogger Analyse said...

ah secrets, i just learned a secret from a friend which makes me want to hate her...ewan, since it's quite against my principles, medyo tinabangan yata ako..i need more time to digest it...

6/04/2005 08:14:00 PM  

Blogger duke said...

hey mic! that blog is really very powerful.di ba ang hirap mag keep ng secrets?!sabi nga ni airwind iba yung feeling pag may tiwala sayo pero laking resposibilty din!It's nice to know that you guys are the secret keepers of your friends :)obviously they know who to trust ;)

1:15 AM

6/04/2005 10:18:00 PM  

Blogger duke said...

analyse,

naku i can imagine how you feel.. hope things will be better.

6/06/2005 09:16:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is very hard to keep secrets most specially if you are female. for some reason, women love to gossip (even men, mind you) and in the process, secrets are spilled. in spite of this, the underlying thought is trust. would you want a person you trusted to spill your secret, like wise, would you spill a secret that a friend entrusted to you? if you do, then it just goes to show, you are not a friend.

6/06/2005 06:25:00 PM  

Blogger duke said...

ahh .. so true patrice! Women love secrets and ( men and women alike)love to gossip about them as well.Di ba nga sometimes the juicier the secret the better topic of conversation for people.TRUST is a BIG Word.

6/06/2005 07:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Istanbul, Türkiye

A first time mom to baby A living as an expat in Istanbul, Turkey.

My Indulgence

Recent Thoughts

My Daily Reads



Links and Infos

Counter
Web Site Counter



|