July 22, 2005

The Waiting Game


Since November of last year, I have been living on a suitcase and the worst part of it, my suitcase was full of winter clothes.I have endured my Summer in Manila cramming to buy the lightest clothes possible that I can still fit in my suitcase when I fly to Turkey. It is just here in Turkey that I started to buy some summer clothes without worrying much about my beloved suitcase. I can safely say that I have mastered the art of packing and dealing my way out of overweight baggages in the airport.

My husband just told me the best news so far. Our shipment from HK will be arriving on the 23rd! I was so ecstatic not asking which month he was referring. I was already trying to picture in my mind where to place our TV. the couch, and how to arrange or DVDs. I was also trying to remember the shoes that I so missed and the clothes that I have not seen for half a year! I was trying to picture the shape and color of our hoover and was longing to see our own kitchen utensils and gadgets! I wait for the day that there will be a knock on our flat and when I open the door, will see the faces of the men who will roll out the carpet and bring in our precious stuff. Not much of a lot that we have but I just so terribly miss them. Then husband quickly pulled me back to reality saying that the shipment might arrive on the 23rd of AUGUST! It has not even left Hong Kong yet! It will be leaving on the 29th and start its long sea voyage to Turkey and then pass through the Istanbul Customs checking and thousands of paper work before it will finally arrive at our door step. haaa.. bubble burst again.. I still have to endure the waiting game til next month but looking at the brighter side of life, it is just one more month to go! then it might arrive at my doorstep sooner than I expected.

This waiting game is always a part of our endless journeys.In Manila, I had to wait three months just to have our marriage Certificate transcribed and registered by the National Statistics Office. I had to wait one week to get my Turkish Visa. I had to wait three weeks to get my residents permit, husband has to wait one month to get his carte d'identitié, and we have to wait one month to open a bank account over here in Turkey. I have learned to be patient and just look at the brighter side of it and don't take it too seriously.At least I know I am not alone in this waiting game.My other half shares the burden of waiting for all the good news possible!



In the mean time, I just sit back, relax, and enjoy my view...


Picture 030

Posted by duke at 7/22/2005 07:05:00 PM



9 Comments:

Blogger grace said...

i was suppose to put it here but got the button of your tag board! hehehehehe ... just see my comment on the waiting game there ... heheheheheh ...

still feeling my way through ...

7/23/2005 06:34:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

naku, eto pa ang isang iinggitin ako sa mga view, nainggit na nga ko dun kay Ana, eh.Magdudugo na talaga ang puso ko niyan. Ilang oras ba ang biyahe mula dito yang Turkey? Nakakainggit naman kayo! waaaah!

7/23/2005 11:36:00 AM  

Blogger duke said...

sha- i can imagine the disaster of unpacking and then packing again! kakaloka! wow! you are off to France? where at? how long will you be staying?

Grace- you'r doing good :) keep it up girl...


bel - walang direct flight from manila. and pinakamabilis ay mnl-singapore-dubai-istanbul. total of 12 hours :) di kasama ang paghihintay sa airport!

7/23/2005 01:32:00 PM  

Blogger duke said...

sha - ay oo nga puede din yun!:) sarap ! nice.. my husband's town :)

7/23/2005 05:13:00 PM  

Blogger Pia said...

i think it's more annoying to unpack everything - parang it takes forever to arrange everything all over again! LOL. happy waiting! in the meantime, it's a good excuse to shop!

7/26/2005 04:04:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a nice view you got there! must be pretty expensive flat you have to get that kind of sight.

have you seen ruffa lurking around somewhere?

waiting is part of our daily lives. i have my share as well. at least, you are expecting it on august.

7/26/2005 06:36:00 AM  

Blogger duke said...

pia--- unpacking is such a nightmare! I would normally be so lazy to start that I end up having all my clothes still inside the suitcase even after 3 weeks!

evi - hahaha I still have not seen ruffa anywhere here in Istanbul..
The flats here normally would have views of the Bosphorus but I have no idea if they are expensive or not :)

7/26/2005 03:49:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful views and pictures! Grabe! Teka, di ba nakakatakot ang mga Muslim? May ka-chat yung friend ko na taga Turkey at Muslim pero may asawa! Hehe, siguro type siyang idagdag :P

7/27/2005 04:07:00 PM  

Blogger duke said...

patrice-di naman nakakatakot ang mga muslims dito.. actually they are very nice and open minded... hay! sa chat talaga mahirap madistiguish sino ang may asawa at wala.. buti honest yung guy :)

7/27/2005 06:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Istanbul, Türkiye

A first time mom to baby A living as an expat in Istanbul, Turkey.

My Indulgence

Recent Thoughts

My Daily Reads



Links and Infos

Counter
Web Site Counter



|