July 15, 2005

The Simple Joy in Life

I am not much of a poet but sometimes I have this urge to just scribble lines that makes some artsy sense to me... so do bear the pseudo writer-cum artist ( ehem! ---> e.e. cummings fan and wannabe!) in me.
The Simple Joy in Life


the joy in little things
as I realized
starts with accepting a slice of pie
a hand reaching towards
the one
you ought to give
the biggest of them all
the pie with all the meat
and then you see that he who accepts
with a wide eyed smile
made you remember
your glee as a child
If this happiness brings you warm feelings inside!
then it's not just the pie that gave you the smile.

Posted by duke at 7/15/2005 08:23:00 PM



2 Comments:

Blogger duke said...

hihihihi.. ambisyon lang.. ganyan talaga pag walang magawa lumalabas ang "artistic" side kuno..lol!

7/16/2005 05:14:00 PM  

Blogger Unknown said...

who said you are not a good poet? i can see a promising poet in you, this is a wonderful poem. I bet marami ka pang itinatago dyan *wink*

7/16/2005 09:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Istanbul, Türkiye

A first time mom to baby A living as an expat in Istanbul, Turkey.

My Indulgence

Recent Thoughts

My Daily Reads



Links and Infos

Counter
Web Site Counter



|