July 17, 2005

Yes I Am a Fan!

Yes I am one of the millions who hurriedly grabbed a copy of Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince. A couple of days back, I was discussing with my husband how I will get hold of a copy of the book here in Istanbul. I called several book shops over here and asked if they had the English version of HP and mind you, this was quite a challenging task. First you have to research the book shops they have over here in Istanbul.Then you have to determine which of these shops sell books published in English. After, you have to know the location and contact number of their shop, and lastly, give them a call. If it is your lucky day, the person who answers the phone can speak English. If not, well you have to wait and endure being transferred from one person to another until they ask you to call back after two hours when the English speaking staff arrives.
Well well well... I am a fan and nothing will stop me in buying the book. So yes, I bought my copy yesterday and I am savoring the first one hundred page read :) I am looking forward to a magical read this week!

Posted by duke at 7/17/2005 12:26:00 PM



7 Comments:

Blogger nikki said...

duke, i'm currently reading chapter 7 na! :-D

7/17/2005 04:58:00 PM  

Blogger sharima said...

HBP is the best so far in the series... my sister cried buckets reading the book. I still have several chapters (we get turns reading) but hopefully will finish the book by tues.

7/18/2005 03:30:00 AM  

Blogger duke said...

nikki and anicee- I finished the book na! bitin!

sha- naku ang mahal nga ng bili ko dito ng english edition! I can imagine how much it will cost over there! tama maghintay na lang ang mga bata sa greek ed!

I haven't heard that book! di pa din ako nakakarating ng Feteyi! ma research nga :)if i find it here i can send it over there...

7/18/2005 07:25:00 PM  

Blogger Dr. Emer said...

On page 606, you will know who killed who.

=)

7/19/2005 06:11:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pahiram, pwede? hehe :P

7/19/2005 03:37:00 PM  

Blogger duke said...

doc-- i did not notice that! will check my book again!

patirce- oo naman puede.. pano ko nga lang paphiram sayo? ;)hihihi

7/19/2005 07:30:00 PM  

Blogger Noemi said...

pareho tayong fan ni Harry Potter:)!...iniingatan ko nga yung mga H.P. books ko para kay kiddo;)..wala pa ko nung book six, wala pa ko budget..hehehe

7/20/2005 09:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Istanbul, Türkiye

A first time mom to baby A living as an expat in Istanbul, Turkey.

My Indulgence

Recent Thoughts

My Daily Reads



Links and Infos

Counter
Web Site Counter



|