April 12, 2006

Hunting Season

Spring is here. The weather is just great. Flowers are blooming. Trees are becoming green again. Everything feels more alive. I also noticed that most of my friends over here has been bitten by the lovebug. Everyone's looking for that spring romance.

I went out last Friday, and had a blast observing the bar scene. The single girls scanned the place for good looking guys or potential "prospects" and the single ( or pretending to be single) men did the same thing. The married ones with their other half in tow pretended this was not happening. The not so attractive girls, decided to buy drinks for other guys ( hoping to get them drunk?) and the not so good looking guys decided to be wallpapers and admired their prospects from a distance.

The cultural differences didn't matter, nationality was not a question. The bar scene just looked like a hunting ground. I didn't go with my husband because he had to work but I had a great defense. I just raised my hand and did the show-your-wedding-ring trick and the guys knew.

From one country to another, some things don't change.

Posted by duke at 4/12/2006 12:09:00 PM



11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spring in HK is all about Burberry umbrellas, rainy days sucks although not at the moment.

"I just raised my hand and did the show-your-wedding-ring trick and the guys knew."

Buti na lang. ;)

4/12/2006 01:58:00 PM  

Blogger duke said...

K Over there in HK, it's easy to know if spring has arrived. Just look at the fashion statements of the people!lol

That has always been the agreed solution for me and hubby. The ring thing ;)

4/12/2006 02:17:00 PM  

Blogger JoobJoo said...

The bar scene here in LA is OK but quite boring. Men will be boys and the women will scratch each other's eyes just to get that hot guy of the night. I enjoy going to gay and lesbian bars though. You could dress any way you want. You could dance like freaks and they will cheer you on. The dancers on stage will drag you on stage. Finally people are so friendly and they buy you free drinks without asking for something in exchange. You dont have to pretend to be a model, have a high paying job, or even be sexy which is quite cool to be just you in a bar.

4/12/2006 06:17:00 PM  

Blogger Analyse said...

happy spring anf happy easter duke!

4/12/2006 08:26:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got the love bug syndrome too... hay.... *kilig*

re: the ring... hahaha i just can imagine the look in those faces when you shut them up with your "wed cuffs move". The ego boost it gives hahahahah..... D, don't hide that devilish smile, I can see it. very PONDS commercial ha.

4/13/2006 11:46:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi,bloghopping...

I think that show-your-wedding-ring trick is effective =)

4/14/2006 05:17:00 PM  

Blogger Gayzha said...

you can still enjoy a single life even if you are happily married! what i mean to say is that friendly acquiantances with opposite sex is alright as long as it is kept within the limits. Enjoy!

4/15/2006 08:12:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The title of this post surely meant for Easter Sunday even if you haven't posted about the Easter yet.

I think it's about the Spring and the weather back there.

"The weather is just great. Flowers are blooming. Trees are becoming green again. Everything feels more alive."

Happy Easter, Duke.

4/16/2006 11:06:00 AM  

Blogger tin-tin said...

when i read the title you were referring to the hunting of deer, fox, etc. hehehe.

happy easter duke! :)

4/17/2006 07:48:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello...? Hello....? Hello is Duke there please? Hell.....o?

*beep*

Where's the update? I'm drooling to read your new posts.

methinks: I know what you're doing back there. ;)

4/19/2006 03:43:00 PM  

Blogger duke said...

K hahahahahahaha!

yes I am still alive and kicking!

been a slacker lately ;)

4/20/2006 02:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Istanbul, Türkiye

A first time mom to baby A living as an expat in Istanbul, Turkey.

My Indulgence

Recent Thoughts

My Daily Reads



Links and Infos

Counter
Web Site Counter



|