May 28, 2005

Counting the Days

Twelve more days to go and I will be flying to Istanbul, Turkey to join my husband. This will be my new home for the coming years or until my husband's work brings us somewhere else again. I am actually looking forward to see this interesting city. I have no idea how life will be for me over there but I welcome the opportunity to learn and discover what is in store for me and my husband in Istanbul.
My husband, X, went to Istanbul last February. That was a very interesting month for both of us. We were staying in Nice, France at that time and he was offered a job over in Turkey. Naturally, we had to apply for the respective Visas that we will be needing and that means I had to go back to my home country which is the Philippines. Since X is a Frenchman, he did not need a visa to go to Turkey so we decided that he go straight there and I go back to Manila. Since then, we haven't seen each other. It has been four L-O-N-G months for us and now I finally have my Visa to go to Istanbul.
X and I could not believe that we were able to endure those 4 months after all. Because of this, we promised each other that this will be our last separation. Bothof us know better now when it comes to dealing with( take note) MY visa. I guess we did not expect the paper trail to always be difficult but then again... we probably just need to get the hang of it...

Posted by duke at 5/28/2005 10:27:00 PM



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Istanbul, Türkiye

A first time mom to baby A living as an expat in Istanbul, Turkey.

My Indulgence

Recent Thoughts

My Daily Reads



Links and Infos

Counter
Web Site Counter



|